Daily Practice Sheet 31 July 2020
- July 31, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
On this day in 1933, Mr. Mahatma Gandhi left the Sabarmati Ashram forever.
Daily Prelims Topic
- Green-Ag Project
- Central Consumer Protection Authority
- Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme
- PLpro and type 1 interferons
- In the latest survey, NFHS-4 of 2015-16, the proportion of child marriages in India is 26.8 per cent, down from 47 per cent in 2005-06
- Along with such impressive declines, NFHS-4 shows that only 6.6 per cent were marrying below the age of 15.
- Migrant account for 20 per cent of the total workforce — this puts their number anywhere between 100 million and 140 million.
- Migrants are responsible for 10 per cent of GDP
Daily Mains Mantra
- What do you understand by continental drift theory? Discuss the evidence is support of the theory.
- Discuss the concept of sea floor spreading.
- Discuss the theory of plate tectonics? How do the theory explain various geomorphological phenomenon?
GS 1: Society
- Government has set up a special task force to advise it on the issue of raising the age of marriage for girls from 18 to 21 years. In this context analyze the causes behind child marriage prevalence in India and list out its impact on lives of women. [Reference: Indian Express]
- How far early child marriage responsible for women poor health indicators in India? Establish link between poverty, early marriage and poor health indicators. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 1: Geography
- What causes landslides? How far development is responsible for increasing landslides? Give examples. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 2: Governance
- The new education policy proposes highly regulated and poorly funded learning model. Examine. [Reference: Scroll In, Indian Express]
- Critically analyze the need for increasing marriage age of women from 18 to 21 in the context of poor gender equality performance of India. [Reference: Indian Express]
- National Education Policy 2020 requires closer scrutiny, in terms of its implications for the marginalised, disciplinary spaces, autonomy, and constitutional values, among other things. [Reference: Indian Express, Indian Express]
- Discuss the need for national policy on migrant labour. [Reference: Business Line]
- Discuss the developmental cooperation of India with other countries. How it is different from debt trap diplomacy of china? [Reference: Times Of India, New Indian Express]
GS 3: Science and Tech
- What is national clinical registry? How it will be helpful in controlling pandemic in short and long run? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Security
- What do you understand by mob lynching? How social media has been misused for mob lynching? Suggest measures to tackle suc misuse of social media. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by vaccine nationalism? Discuss ethical issues in vaccine manufacturing and access. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Who should get the corona vaccine first? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by corporate governance? Discuss the role played director in corporate governance. [Reference: Indian Express]