Daily Practice Sheet 4 July 2021
- July 4, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
4 July 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Differences in Asian and African elephants
- MollarBheri, East Kolkata Wetlands
- China declared Malaria-free
- Last Ice Area (LIA)
- Pregnant women vaccinated against COVID-19
- Kodumanal excavation
- Green Passport
- Suicide bombing attack
- Petrol price rise and issue of tax
Total Fertility Rate:
- There are many reasons to celebrate India’s achievements on the population front. Our Total Fertility Rate (TFR) is 2.2 — slightly higher than the replacement level of 2.1, the state when a couple is replaced by two children. Twenty-five out of 28 states and six out of eight UTs and most urban areas report a replacement TFR of 2.1 and less.
- Water availability in India remains on the mercy of erratic patterns of precipitation. The southwest monsoon alone accounts for 70-75 per cent of the total precipitation falling in India, especially in regions along the west coast, the north-eastern states, West Bengal and Odisha, which are characterised by patterns of heavy rainfall events within limited time duration.
- It is estimated that India receives its total precipitation within a limited time duration of 100 hours out of 8,760 annual hours in total.
- At least five Indian cities are already reported to have joined the list of world’s 20 largest water-stressed cities.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
GS 2: Governance
- National Population Policy 2000 made a paradigm shift in India’s approach to population control. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Should India adopt two child norms? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: IR
GS 3: Economy
GS 3: Environment