Daily Practice Sheet 4 November 2021
- November 4, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
4 November 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- After govt reduces excise duty, states slash VAT on fuel
- Blockchain Technology: Layer-1 and Layer-2 Networks
- Roadkill and extinction risk for leopards in North India
- The significance of US putting NSO Group on its Entity List
- Where tech giants stand on use of controversial facial recognition tech
- Who are the Vanniyars, and why did Madras HC quash TN govt’s quota to them?
- Har Ghar Dastak
- Cybersecurity Awareness Must Extend Beyond The “Month”
- It is a wake-up call for us a nation to change our energy mix, which is currently made up of coal (44 per cent), oil (32 per cent) and traditional biomass (20 per cent).
- Globally, cities account for 50 per cent of world population and 80 per cent of global emissions and are the epicentre of environmental stress
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Polity
- What do you understand by Environmental Social and Corporate Governance(ESG). In this context, analyze SEBI’s ESG framework. [Reference: Business Line]
- MNREGA is one of the most important pillars of every government’s social protection strategy. Discuss various challenges and possible strategies to counter them. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by informal economy? Is it bad? In this context analyze the advantages of formalization. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Environment
- Cities and are the epicenter of environmental stress. In this context, discuss urban centric strategies to counter climate change. [Reference: Business Line]
- Discuss strategies to achieve India’s COP 26 commitments.
- What do you understand by carbon intensity of the economy? Discuss strategies to reduce it.
GS 3: Security
- As the country embarks upon the next phase of growth riding on digital technologies cyber security and privacy considerations become inevitable. Discuss. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Science and Technology
- What do you understand by Face Recognition System? How do they work? Discuss potential drawbacks of the technology with examples. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- What are values? Why do we need values in society? Is Indian society suffering from value deficit? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Do privileged sections of society have responsibility to help under privileges ones? Argue with arguments.
- What do you understand by misinformation? How does it affect us? [Reference: Indian Express]