Daily Practice Sheet 5 July 2021
- July 5, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
5 July 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Literacy numeracy mission deadline pushed to 2027
- NIPUN Bharat Mission
- Investment in neobanking space plunges
- Four years on delay derails Railways CCTV Project
- Clinical Trials Registry India (CTRI)
- Project BOLD to Boost Tribals
- New CM took oath in Uttarakhand
- T cell responses against Variants
- Electroporation physical Transfection
- Consumer genomics
- Dalai Lama
- Bagram Airfield-BAF
The realisation from India’s fruits and vegetables exports rose to Rs. 11,019 crore ($1487 million) in 2020-21 from Rs. 10,114 crore ($1,408 million) reported in 2019-20. The value of processed fruits and vegetables exports grew to Rs. 10,277 crore ($ million 1386) in 2020-21 from Rs. 8,315 crore ($1,164 million) in 2019-20. APEDA has made persistent marketing efforts with European Union (EU) markets resulting in exports growth of more than 9 per cent in 2020-21 over the year 2019-20.
- FINDEX, 2017 of the World Bank showed that while India has made significant progress in opening of bank accounts, credit penetration remains low; only 7 per cent adult Indians borrowed from a formal institution in last one year.
- Microfinances fill this credit gap for most n low-income clients. Microfinance grew at a CAGR of 24 per cent over the last five years and as of March31, 2021 catered to nearly 60 million low income clients with loan outstanding of ₹2,59,377 crore.
- Milk is our biggest agri-commodity in terms of value, greater than paddy (rice), wheat, and sugarcane combined.
- India is the largest producer of milk in the world with an estimated production of about 208 million tonnes in 2020-21, way above its closest competitor, the US, whose milk production hovers around 100 million tonnes.
- Our dairy sector is dominated by small holders with an average herd size of 4-5 animals
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Post-Independence
GS 3: Economy
- Horticulture can play and important role in doubling farmers income. [Reference: Business Line]
- Microfinance in India plays a major role in the development of India. Discuss the challenges faced by MFIs. [Reference: Business Line]
- Dairy sector once heralded as model to be emulated in other agriculture and allied sector is in crisis today. In this context discuss challenged faced by the sector and way to address them. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Environment
GS 3: Science
- What do you understand by mechatronics? Differentiate between robotics and mechatronics? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security