Daily Practice Sheet 5 September 2020
- September 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
This day since 1962 is celebrated as teacher’s day.
Daily Prelims Topic
- SCO meet
- Parliamentary forum:
- Project Dolphin and why it is important?
- What counts as Act of God?
- Habitat corridor
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Reasons for fall of Indus valley civilization: Climate change
- National Dairy plan
- Mission Milk
- Kaziranga National Park
- Orang National Park
- Nameri National Park
- Phase III of Operation Flood (1970-96) had transformed India from a milk-deficit nation to the world’s largest milk producer.
- The Socio-Economic Survey of NDP-I carried out by the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) estimated that the average annual income of a typical project household was 10 per cent higher than non-project households and significantly higher at 38 per cent for the landless. NDP-I contributed to social inclusion of weaker sections and empowerment of women engaged in dairying.
- According to ‘Implementation Completion and Result Report’ of the World Bank, the economic rate of return (ERR) was estimated at 60 per cent as compared to ex-ante ERR of 23 per cent.
- The report lauds the achievement of the physical and financial targets of NDP-I.
Source: Business Line
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- Critically examine the role of Subhash Chandra Bose in the freedom struggle movement? Do you think he was right in collaborating with the Nazis and Japanese during World War 2? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 2: Polity
- Discuss the role of all the three organs of the government. [Reference: The Hindu]
- What are parliamentary forum? Discuss their functions. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Political parties play an integral part in the functioning of India’s Constitution. Critically examine the functioning of political parties in India. Should Election Commission be empowered to regulate political parties? [Reference: The Quint]
GS 2: IR
- Is indo pacific only geographical concept or a strategic concept? Critically analyze India’s approach towards Indo Pacific in the context of QUAD. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by priority sector lending? Discuss its significance in achieving the goal of inclusive growth. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by economics of animal rearing? Assess the achievement under National Dairy development Plan. [Reference: Business Line]
- Animal husbandry can help achieve inclusive growth. Discuss. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 4: Ethics