Daily Practice Sheet 6 August 2020
- August 6, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
On the morning of August 6, a B-29 bomber Enola Gay dropped the atomic bomb called “Little Boy” on the city of Hiroshima, killing over 80,000 people.
Daily Prelims Topic
- Industrial Development and Regulation Act, 1951
- Jammu and Kashmir and Article 35A
- Gujjar and Bakkarwal communities
- Environment Protection Act
- Pokkali rice
- Sarayu River
- The MGNREGA has created 153.16 crore person-days of employment during April-July.
Daily SC judgments
- Shah Bano case
Daily Constitution Articles
- Articles 15 and 16
- 103rd Constitution Amendment Act
Daily Mains Mantra
- Discuss the important characteristic features of plantation agriculture. Name important plantation crop from different countries.
- Discuss the causes which lead to World War II. Analyze the outcomes of World War II. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 1: Society
- Discuss the trend of internal migration in India. How it impact Indian society? [Reference: The Hindu]
- “Communalism of the majority is far more dangerous than the communalism of the minority”. Comment. [Reference: Deccanherald]
GS 2: Polity
- Abrogation of Articles 370 and 35A has brought people of J&K into the ambit of egalitarian laws. Discuss. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Can reservation be solely on economic criteria? Critically examine 103rd Constitutional Amendment Act in this context. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: IR
- What is deterrence? Critically analyze the role in deterrence in preventing nuclear war. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- Discuss the role played by MNREGA during the lock down in alleviating the economic and employment crisis. [Reference: Indian Express]
- The introduction of PPP framework in Railways has the potential to transform and modernize Indian railways. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Agriculture
- What are cooperatives? Discuss their role in providing income security to small and marginal farmers. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 4: Ethics
- ’Everything is fair in love and war’. Do you agree? Elucidate with examples.
- Discuss the importance of empathy and tolerance in pandemic hit society. [Reference: Indian Express]
- In many places, residents obstruct burial of COVID death persons. In this context, analyze the ethical issues involved and what steps needed to resolve this.