Daily Practice Sheet 6 January 2022
- January 6, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
6 January 2021
Internet users and cybercrime:
- As per the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) there were around 825 million internet users in India at the end of March 2021.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) in “Crime in India 2020”, therefore, accounts for only 251 cases of defamation or morphing of women’s photos and 354 cases of their fake profiles under the Indian Penal Code, Information Technology Act and Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act.
- NCRB statistics show that total cyber crimes in India during 2020 were 50,035, and those specifically against women were only 10,405. These statistics are but a fraction of the ground reality.
Topic: e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential
- What do you understand by e-governance? Bring out how technology can redefine e-governance by revolutionizing public service delivery in India.
|Introduction (I): Directly start with definition of e-governance and what it means.|
Body (B): 1) Briefly highlight role of e-governance.
2) Major focus of answer should be discussing about role of technology in redefining e-governance by revolutionising public service delivery in India. Ex- Manging Covid vaccination through CoWin platform, doorstep delivery, BAPU for delivery of ration through PDS etc.
Conclusion (C): Conclude how e-governance can bring a quantum jump in transparency in governance, reduce corruption and fix accountability of the public service delivery more effectively.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Identifying the gaps in current legislation to address contemporary issues of cyberspace including provisions to protect citizens, especially women, from any online harassment and cyber bullying.
- Discuss the role of Supreme Court in protecting the fundamental rights. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Critically examine Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY). [Reference: DownToEarth]
GS 3: Environment
GS 3: Security
- Make a critical appraisal of response of Indian state to the Maoist movement. [Reference: Orfonline]
GS 4: Ethics