Daily Practice Sheet 6 September 2021
- September 6, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
6 September 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Account Aggregators: new framework to access, share financial data
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh High Court stays RBI notification on UCBs
- Payments banks (PBs)
- What is Inspiration4, SpaceX’s first all-civilian space mission?
- Coal mining, waste discharge, encroachment: River Bhogdoi has been dying a slow death
- According to the latest data, 37.9 per cent of children under five are stunted, and 20.8 per cent are wasted — a form of malnutrition in which children are too thin for their height. This is much higher than in other developing countries where, on average, 25 per cent of children suffer from stunting and 8.9 per cent are wasted.
- According to the World Health Organization, 50 per cent of all mal- and under-nutrition can be traced to diarrhoea and intestinal worm infections, which are a direct result of poor water, sanitation and hygiene.
- According to NFHS 4, approximately 9 per cent of children under five years of age in India experience diarrhoeal disease.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Most cases of malnutrition cannot be explained by poor diet. In this context examine the causes of malnutrition in India. Also suggest remedies to counter it. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) are intricately linked. Explain
- The deterioration in the quality of deliberation in Parliament over time has prompted calls for reform from different stakeholders. Comment. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 4: Ethics