Daily Practice Sheet 7 September 2021
- September 7, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
7 September 2021
On this Day
- September 7 is celebrated as ‘International Day of Clean Air for Blue skies’ to make communities and various stakeholders aware of sustainable action.
Daily Prelims Topic
- Budget making exercise set kick off
- Fall of Panjshir
- Climate change and adverse health impacts
- Mexico Oil spills
- Composition Scheme
- Section 109 of the GST Act
- Debt levels of many States precarious: Crisil
- National Sports Development Fund
- Three new heat wave hotspots in India put large population at immediate health risk
- Fuel stacking in India
Economic Impact of empowerment:
- For every rupee the government invests in early intervention for disabled children, you’d get a 13 per cent annual return.
- According to a report released by Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC), Air pollution is likely to reduce the life expectancy of about 40% of Indians by more than nine years.
- The recent World Health Organization and Global Burden of Disease report, including the ‘Lancet Commission on Pollution and Health’ also links air pollution to over 7 million premature deaths globally.
- According to Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) More than 70 per cent of Indian households use LPG as their primary cooking fuel and nearly 85 per cent have LPG connections, according to an independent study released. However, as many as 57 percent households in the country still continue to use traditional solid fuels either exclusively or in combination with LPG. The study noted that of the47 per cent of households that use only LPG, nearly 91per cent are located in urban areas and 28 per cent in rural regions.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- Looking at the history of the freedom movement primarily through the lens of religion overlooks its inclusive character and undermines the role of class-based struggles aimed at overthrowing both the British and their local collaborators. Discuss in the light of recent controversy related to Mappila rebellion. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Polity
- What is concurrent list? Why it has become a bone of contention between center and states? How does it affect Indian Federalism? [Reference: The Hindu, The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- Critically examine the consequences of asset monetization on Indian economy and ordinary citizens. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Environment
- Discuss the problem of air pollution in India. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Lack of access to energy supplies and transformation systems is a constraint to human and economic development. What is SDG 7? In this backdrop discuss fuel stacking. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security