Daily Practice Sheet 8 October 2020
- October 8, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- What is MSP and how it is determined?
- Masala Bond
- Natural gas marketing reforms
- What is stimulus?
- Star campaigner
- Tribal Council
- CRISPR -cas9
- Art 19 1(a)
- Art 19 1(b)
- The net water availability, close to 700 BCM.
- India has made large investments in water infrastructure (estimated at Rs 350-400 per capita annually under various schemes), ~Rs 430 billion under JNNURM, ~Rs 200 billion under Smart Cities, ~Rs 80 billion under AMRUT and Rs 50-100 billion each year for NRDWP.
- 82% rural population, about 163 million still bereft of piped water.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
GS 2: Polity
- Does the Indian constitution give right to protest? [Reference: NDTV]
GS 2: Governance
- Who are gig workers? Discuss the social security provided to them. Does the new labour code provide adequate protection to them? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by MSP? How it is determined? Discuss its objective in brief. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Discuss the tradeoff between inflation and growth. Do you think inflation targeting is more effective than
GS 3: Science
- What do you understand by facial recognition technology? What are its potential applications? Can it be misused? [Reference: The Hindu]
- What do you understand by gene editing? Discuss CRISPR (short for the rather inelegantly named Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) technology in this regard? What are the potential applications of the technology? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What are designer babies? Discuss legal and ethical issues related to designer babies.
- What are super computers? Discuss their applications.
GS 3: Environment
- Is India going through water crisis? How can this crisis be overcome? Discuss various strategies. [Reference: NDTV]
GS 4: Ethics