Daily Practice Sheet 9 December 2021
- December 9, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
9 December 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- E-commerce at WTO
- RBI keeps the Repo Rates Unchanged
- Ambergris, the Floating Gold
- WHO’s latest report on Omicron Variant?
- Variable Reverse Repo Rate (VRRR)
- Coonoor Ghat
- Two plant species now extinct in wild
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
- Civil Registration System
- Law Commission of India
- Ken-Betwa Project
- Article 300-A
- The private sector now accounts for 65 per cent of seed production in India.
- The seed sector is also a large one, with more than 540 registered seed companies operating in India, according to the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare
- The geospatial economy, which is currently valued at ₹38,972 crore, has potential to grow to ₹63,100 crore with a growth rate of 12.8 per cent by 2025.
- The latest National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5) data for India indicates that 29 per cent of the ever-married women reported experiencing spousal violence – a slight decrease from the 31 per cent reported in NFHS-4
- What do you understand by altruism? What can be done to encourage altruistic behaviour?
- Who are good Samaritans? Explain with example
Topic: Nano Technology
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
GS 2: IR
- India-Russia relationship stands deeply strained by larger geopolitical realities. Comment. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Discuss the inflation- growth dynamics and how does RBI balance both. [Reference: Business Standard]
- The government must limit its role to administration of public finance in the electricity industry. Analyze the draft amendments to the Electricity Act. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Science and Technology
- The revocation of registration granted to PepsiCo has raised critical issues related to seed and bio technology sector in India. In the light of the judgment analyze the salient features of The Protection of Plant Varieties and farmers Rights Act and its implementation. [Reference: Business Line]
- Critically assess India’s IPR regime. Is it anti –innovation?
- Discuss various issues of IPR in agriculture
- The new seed bill can change the agriculture but it needs to balance the interests of farmers and breeders.
- Discuss the application of geo spatial technology in India. In this context analyze the draft National Geospatial Policy (NGP) and the draft of the Indian Satellite Navigation Policy (SATNAV Policy). [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security
GS 4: Ethics