Daily Practice Sheet 9 November 2023
- November 9, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
9 November 2023
Current Affairs Based
GS 1: History
- The example of indentured labour migration from India also illustrates the two-sided nature of the nineteenth-century world. Context: This year marks the bicentenary of the arrival of Tamil indentured labourers in Sri Lanka
GS 2: Polity
- Discuss the role of CAG in meeting the challenges of good governance. IE
- CAG should be watch-dog and not a blood-hound.
GS 2: IR
GS 3: Economy
- What is digital agriculture? Discuss its potential and challenges in India.
- How digital agriculture can help in doubling of farming income.
- Why Punjab farmers refuse to phase out water-guzzling paddy despite rapid groundwater depletion
- The growth of India’s pharmaceutical industry was fuelled by the Indian patents Act of 1970. Comment
- Critically examine the role of patents in achieving universal healthcare in India. In this context, critically examine Draft Patents (Amendments) Rules, 2023. Context: Amendments to Draft Patents (Amendments) Rules, 2023.
- Discuss the need for Digital Competition Act. Context: Big tech
GS 3: Environment
- What is Project Cheetah. Assess its success. Context: 1 year of Project Cheetah
GS 4: Ethics