- February 8, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: Water Levels Surge Up In Dhauli Ganga Once Again After Glacier Burst.
- Dhauligangaalso known as Dhauli river is one of the six source streams of the ganga river. It originates from DeovanHimani and flows along gahrwal division of uttarakhand.
- It rises at an altitude of 5070 metres in Niti Pass at chamoli district of uttarakhand.
- It meets Alaknandariver at Vishnu Prayag at the base of Joshimath Mountains.
- Major Hydroelectric projects situated at Tapovan, Maleri Jhelum, Jhelum Tamak in chamoli district.