- July 14, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government schemes
Google announces $10billion investment in ‘digital India’
- Digital India is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- The Digital India programme is centred on three key vision areas:
- Digital Infrastructure as a Core Utility to Every Citizen: Availability of high speed internet as a core utility for delivery of services to citizens, Cradle to grave digital identity that is unique, lifelong, online and authenticable to every citizen, Mobile phone & bank account enabling citizen participation in digital & financial space, Easy access to a Common Service Centre, Shareable private space on a public cloud, Safe and secure cyber-space
- Governance & Services on Demand: Seamlessly integrated services across departments or jurisdictions, Availability of services in real time from online & mobile platforms, All citizen entitlements to be portable and available on the cloud, Digitally transformed services for improving ease of doing business, Making financial transactions electronic & cashless and Leveraging Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) for decision support systems & development
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens: Universal digital literacy, Universally accessible digital resources, Availability of digital resources / services in Indian languages, Collaborative digital platforms for participative governance and Citizens not required to physically submit Govt. documents / certificates.