- April 14, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Governance
Context : Recently, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry has virtually inaugurated e-SANTA Web Portal.
e-SANTA Web Portal
- It is an electronic marketplace providing a platform to connect aqua farmers and the buyers.
- The term e-SANTA was coined for the web portal, meaning Electronic Solution for Augmenting NaCSA farmers’ Trade in Aquaculture.
- National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (NaCSA) is an extension arm of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA).
- It is a Digital Bridge to end the market divide and will act as an alternative marketing tool between farmers & buyers by eliminating middlemen.
- The e-SANTA platform is available in many languages, which will help the local population.
- It is a completely paperless and end-to-end electronic trade platform between Farmers and exporters.
- The platform provides detailed specification of each product listing and it is backed by an end to end electronic payment system with NaCSA as an Escrow agent.