- August 25, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject – Economy
Context – The government will launch the e-Shram portal, a database of unorganised sector workers.
- The government aims to register 38 crore unorganised workers, such as construction labourers, migrant workforce, street vendors and domestic workers, among others.
- The workers will be issued an e-Shram card containing a 12 digit unique number, which, going ahead, will help in including them in social security schemes.
- The registration of workers on the portal will be coordinated by the Labour Ministry, state governments, trade unions and CSCs.
- A national toll free number — 14434 — will also be launched to assist and address the queries of workers seeking registration on the portal.
- A worker can register on the portal using his/her Aadhaar card number and bank account details, apart from filling other necessary details like date of birth, home town, mobile number and social category.