- March 4, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and technology
Context: A new algorithm can potentially create a reactive influenza vaccine for swine flu, and offers a path toward a pan-influenza vaccine and possibly a pan-coronavirus vaccine as well.
- Epigrap is an algorithm and has already been used to predict therapeutic HIV vaccine candidates, and it has also shown promising potential as a vaccine against highly diverse Ebola and Marburg viruses, protecting against disease when tested in an animal model.
- The epigrap designed product led to vaccination impact with a strong cross-reactive antibody response in mice.
- The tool creates a cocktail of vaccine antigens designed to maximize efficacy across a highly diverse population.
- It was developed by scientists at the Los Alamos National Lab in the USA.