- January 27, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: National Organisation
Context : The country’s economic growth is expected to contract 8 per cent in the current fiscal and fiscal deficit is likely to be at 7.4 per cent of GDP (gross domestic product) for 2020-21, according to the latest round of Ficci’s Economic Outlook Survey.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- FICCI is a non-government, not-for-profit organization established in 1927.
- It is the largest and oldest apex business organisation in India whose history is closely interwoven with India’s struggle for independence, its industrialization, and its emergence as one of the most rapidly growing global economies.
- FICCI influences the economic policies of India’s government by sponsoring discussion forums for economists, civil servants, and industrialists and through informal consultative arrangements with government planners and policy makers.
- FICCI also provides practical advice and information, services, and networking opportunities to its business members.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi and maintains offices in various Indian states and foreign countries.