- March 25, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Section: Food security
Context: Second round of the Hunger Watch survey (HW-II)
Food Insecurity Experience Scale (FIES) is experience-based measures of household or individual food security.
The FIES Survey Module (FIES-SM) consists of eight questions regarding people’s access to adequate food, and can be easily integrated into various types of population surveys
The FIES-SM questions refer to the experiences of the individual respondent or of the respondent’s household as a whole. The questions focus on self-reported food-related behaviors and experiences associated with increasing difficulties in accessing food due to resource constraints.
During the last 12 months, was there a time when, because of lack of money or other resources:
- You were worried you would not have enough food to eat?
- You were unable to eat healthy and nutritious food?
- You ate only a few kinds of foods?
- You had to skip a meal?
- You ate less than you thought you should?
- Your household ran out of food?
- You were hungry but did not eat?
- You went without eating for a whole day?