Friday Factly 15 January 2021
- January 22, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Friday Factly
- In 2019, the NCRB data show 88 rape cases were recorded every day in India with U.P. reporting the second-highest number at 3,065 cases
- The latest longitudinal ageing study in India (LASI), released by the Union ministry of health, shows 12% of Indians are over the age of 60 (elderly), up from the 2011 census’s 8.6%.
- The LASI estimates, by 2050, 19% of the population, or 319 million, would be above the age of 60.
- According to INDIA REPORT on Longitudinal Ageing Study of India (LASI) there is sharp rise in the elderly population in coming decades. At 655 mn India’s older adult population above age 45 ) is expected to constitute over 40% of the population by 2050.The number of people aged above 75 years and above is expected to rise 340% between 2011 and 2050.
- In 2011 census, the 60+ population accounted for 8.6% of India’s population, accounting for 103 million elderly people. Growing at around 3% annually, the number of elderly age population will rise to 319 million in 2050.75% of the elderly people suffer from one or the other chronic disease.40% of the elderly people have one or the other disability and 20% have issues related to mental health.
General Studies -3
Agriculture role in economy
- All four GVA contraction years before 2020-21 (1979-80 (minus 5.2%), 1972-73 (minus 0.3%), 1965-66 (minus 3.7%) and 1957-58 (minus 1.2%) ) saw the farm sector (agriculture, forestry and fishing) registering minus 12.8% growth in 1979-80, minus 5% in 1972-73, minus 11% in 1965-66 and minus 4.5% in 1957-58.
- Area under agriculture has been shrinking — it reduced from 159.5 million hectares (mn ha) in 2010-11 to 157 mn ha in 2015-16—but the number of operational holdings has been rising (increased from 138.3 million to about 146 million). This reflects in the falling average landholdings’ size of farmers, which has come down from 1.2 ha to about 1.08 ha.
- India imported 228.6 MT of crude oil worth $120 billion in 2018–19, which made it the third-largest oil importer in the world in terms of value
- Latest data available on the NREGS portal shows that till January 10 in the current financial year, over 10 crore individuals across the country worked under the scheme, which is 21 per cent higher than the 7.89 crore figure for 2019-2020.
- 70% of the global tiger population, 70% of Asiatic lions and more than 60% of leopard population in India.
- NPAs set to shoot up to 13.5% by Sept, more if severe stress (Financial stability report of RBI)
Data Protection Trends for 2021’ report
- In 2021, some 42% of organizations in India and globally, will continue to invest in cybersecurity and privacy solutions to steer away from the rising cyberattacks in the era of remote working.