Friday Factly 19 June 2020
- June 22, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Friday Factly
Person with disability
- 21% of total population in India has disability.
- Overall there are 2 crore 68 lakh persons with disability.
- More than 41% persons with disabilities in India never get married.
- Locomotor and multiple disabilities are more commonly found in rural areas of India.
India and West Asia
Moe 3.4 million Indians work. Overall, an estimated figure of close to nine million Indians work in West Asia, responsible for sending back more than 56% of India’s annual infusion of $80 billion in remittances. The UAE alone is responsible for $19 billion in remittances, being the third largest trade partner of India after the United States and China.
- India is world’s third biggest oil consuming nation.
- Fuel demand had fallen to its lowest since 2007 as the government imposed a nationwide lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- The demand, which had fallen by as much as 70 per cent, has since recovered after lockdown restrictions were eased beginning early May.
According to a study by ICRIER, property tax contributes to around 20 per cent on an average to total revenues of ULBs in India, and the average per capita property tax collection was ₹421 in 2017-18.