Friday Factly 25 December 2020
- January 22, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: Friday Factly
- Indian health care is 70% private and 30% public
- 80% people have no protection for the health
- Out of pocket expense is high as 70%
- Out of 12 crore Ayushman Bharat card only 1.2 crore have taken advantage
Inequality (Trend 1990-91 to 2018-19)
General Studies -2
India runs one of the largest immunisation programme in the world, catering to the vaccination needs of more than 26 million newborns and 29 million pregnant women.
- The subsidy burden for rice and wheat (2020-21) alone is estimated to be Rs 1.8 lakh crore; Rs 35,000 crore will be added on account of free/additional food distributed on account of Covid-19.
General Studies -3
- According to the Ministry of power, during 2014-2020 there has been a 72 per cent increase in installed renewables capacity
- Rooftop solar power target of 40 GW has achieved only 6GW till 2020.
According to the Report ‘Reimagining India’s supply chain: A bold vision for 2030’:
- To bridge the current competitiveness gap of $180 billion, India needs to reduce logistics cost from 14 per cent of GDP to 7 per cent.
- High logistics cost of 14 per cent of GDP in India compared to 8-10 per cent of GDP in the US and Europe.
At all India level, those who sold paddy 1% were large farmers (owning over 10 hectares of land), small and farming farmers owing 2 hectares of land comprised 70%. The rest were medium farmers (Owning 2- 10 hectares)
- Comprehensive National Nutrition Survey (CNNS, 2016-2018) done jointly by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the UNICEF (Source: Indian Express)
- According to the Check Point’s research, India was ranked second after the US among the top 5 countries most affected by ransomware attacks in the third quarter. Sri Lanka, Russia and Turkey were at third, fourth and fifth position, respectively, in the list of most affected countries by ransomware attacks.
- There has been 39% rise in cyber-attacks from second quarter to third quarter this year.
By 2019, 72 percent of all women had bank or savings accounts that they report as being able to use themselves.
Access to essential services
Ninety-eight percent to fall households had access to electricity, nearly 70 per cent to improved sanitation, and 60 per cent to clean cooking fuel
Environment: India’s achievements in INDCs
- LPG penetration is at 97.5% vs 56% in 2015
- India’s Emissions are down 21% vs 2005 levels, non-fossil capacity at 33%.
- Trade balance of India
According to the Annual Survey of Industries (2017-18), contract workers accounted for 36.4 per cent of total production workers in the registered factory sector
Urban Local Bodies finances
- As against the municipal revenue of Rs 4,624 per capita, own-source revenue was only Rs 1,975 in 2018 (ICRIER, 2019).
- Although it is envisaged that municipal revenue should be 1% of GDP, between 2010 and 2018 revenues declined from 0.48% to 0.43%.
RBI’s State of the Economy report
- Indian economy will clock a growth rate of 14.2 per cent in the first half of 2021-22 on top of 0.4 per cent in the second half of 2020-21
- The above-the-line fiscal stimulus will likely boost growth by close to 2 per cent of GDP in 2020-21
- About 420 crore person days are set to be created in 2020-21 against 265 crore in 2019-20.
- 60% of person days in Pandemic period in 6 states of UP, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu.