Friday Factly 25 September 2020
- October 28, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: Friday Factly
General Studies – 2
- A 100 Kcal of energy from fruits costs five times that from rice — but they are also 20 per cent more expensive than even the western world.
- Based on a NIN-ICMR report of 2019, I estimate that Indians eat only 32 grams of fruit a day versus the recommended amount of 100 grams.
- Public expenditure in health in India is 0.9% to 1.28% GDP.
- It is one of the lowest in the world.
- In fact, this is less than the average of the poorest countries in the world at 1.6%.
Hunger and Malnutrition:
- In terms of overall undernutrition, 14 % of the population doesn’t get enough calories.
- 35% of children are stunted. This was 54% in 2000.
- 17% of under 5 children are wasted. This is highest in the world.
- 42% of adolescent girls have low BMI and 56% anemic.
- 27% of girls married before age.
General Studies – 3
- The IMF projects the fiscal deficit as a proportion of GDP in emerging markets and middle-income economies (EMMIEs) as a group to rise from 4.9 per cent in 2019 to 10.7 per cent in 2020
- Rural economy contributes 25-30% to the GDP.
- Share in national gross value added is about 32%.
- Provide employment to about 111 million workers.
- Share of MSME-related products in exports was about 48% during 2018-19.
- The government is gearing to increase their contribution in the gross value added to 50%, and in exports to 75%.