Friday Factly 4 September 2020
- September 7, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: Friday Factly
- As per statistics maintained by the UN, in India 2.4 per cent of males are disabled and two per cent of females from all age groups are disabled.
- In comparison, the disability prevalence in the US is 12.9 per cent among females and 12.7 per cent among males. Disability prevalence in the UK is at 22.7 per cent among females and 18.7 per cent among males.
National Crime Records Bureau:
This according to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data for 2019, every hour in India
- 48 people die in accidents
- 16 die by suicide
- 1 person dies due to forces of nature (lightning, flood, heat etc)
- 50 road accidents happen in which 50 are injured and 18 die
- 3 people die from heart attack
The deadliest hours
- Most road accidents (83,097 out of 4,37,396) were reported between 6 pm and 9 pm, accounting for 19% of total road accidents.
- Most railway accidents (4,518 out of 27,987) took place between 6 am and 9 am, accounting for 16.1% of total railway accidents.
- Fourteenth Finance Commission allotted 42% of central government tax revenues to States. However, Accountability Initiative’s analysis of State Budgets show that States received only 30% of central tax collections during the 2015-19 period.
- GST accounts for almost 42% of states’ own tax revenues, and tax revenues account for around 60% of states’ total revenues.