Friday Factly 9 October 2020
- October 28, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Friday Factly
General Studies – 1
Wetlands in India:
- India has 27,403wetlands in total, and close to 4000 of them are coastal wetlands. India is losing wetlands at the rate of 2-3% each year.
- Reservation of seats for women in local governance has ensured that more than 1.3 million elected women representatives in India.
General Studies – 2
- The net water availability, close to 700 BCM.
- India has made large investments in water infrastructure (estimated at Rs 350-400 per capita annually under various schemes), ~Rs 430 billion under JNNURM, ~Rs 200 billion under Smart Cities, ~Rs 80 billion under AMRUT and Rs 50-100 billion each year for NRDWP.
- 82% rural population, about 163 million still bereft of piped water.
General Studies – 3
Only 6% of Indian farmers benefit from minimum support prices (MSP)