- February 4, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Govt Schemes
Context: The Jal Shakti Ministry launched a unified portal on the ‘Gobardhan’ scheme, an initiative aimed at managing cattle and biodegradable waste and also help enhance farmers’ income.
Galvanising Organic Bio-Agro Resources-Dhan (GOBAR-Dhan)
- Under this scheme Cattle dung, kitchen waste and agricultural waste can be tapped to create biogas-based energy
- The objectives of this initiative is to make villages clean and to generate wealth and energy from cattle and other waste.
- The Gobardhan scheme is being pursued as a priority programme under the Swachch Bharat Mission Grameen-Phase 2.
- It is implemented by Jal Shakthi Ministry.
- The GOBAR-Dhan initiative is expected to create opportunities to convert cattle dung and other organic waste to compost, biogas and even larger scale bio-CNG units.
- This programme, expected to be launched in April, aims at the collection and aggregation of cattle dung and solid waste across clusters of villages for sale to entrepreneurs to produce organic manure, biogas/bio-CNG.