Government e -Marketplace
- June 24, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal has mandated all sellers to clarify the country of origin while registering any new product.
- It is related to centre’sAatmanirbhar Bharat campaign, to promote locally produced goods.
- As per procurement norms amended by the government, suppliers are categorised into classes depending on the level of local content in their goods.
- The GeM portal allows buyers to reserve any bid for Class I local suppliers, or suppliers of those goods with more than 50% local content.
- For bids below Rs 200 crore, only Class I and Class II (those with more than 20% local content) are eligible.
- Government e-Marketplace is a very bold step of the Government with the aim to transform the way in which procurement of goods and services is done by the Government Ministries and Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and other apex autonomous bodies of the Central Government.
- Government e-Market Place hosted by Director General of Supplies & Disposal.
- GeM is a completely paperless, cashless and system driven e-market place that enables procurement of common use goods and services with minimal human interface.