- January 30, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject – Governance
Context – Chief Minister BasavarajBommai has instructed officials to take all measures to extend his ambitious programme ‘Grama One’ all over the State before February-end.
- Grama One is aninitiative by Government of Karnataka which is envisaged to provide various Government, banking and other key services at village level in order to facilitate the life of citizens.
- GramaOne is envisaged to be single point assistance centre for all citizen centric activities at village level which include G2C services, Banking services, RTI queries etc.
- It was announced by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka in the budget for FY20-21.
- Grama One centres will be operational from 8AM-8PM on all seven days of the week.
- The envisioned benefits of Grama One centres are:
- Citizens do not need to visit the district, taluk and hobli offices to get government services
- Citizen can save on time and money by availing the services through Grama One centres
- No menace due to middlemen.