Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC )
- July 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Kuwait is planning to reduce the share of foreigners in the country’s population thereby benefitting locals in employment.
- Around 8 million Indians work in the GCC countries.
- Of them, around 2.1 million of them are from Kerala.
- Other major contributors to the Indian expatriate communities in GCC countries are Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, West Bengal, Punjab and Rajasthan.
- The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is a political and economic alliance of six countries in the Arabian Peninsula: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Established in 1981, the GCC promotes economic, security, cultural and social cooperation between the six states and holds a summit every year to discuss cooperation and regional affairs.