Harit path app
- August 22, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government initiative
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), a public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has developed a mobile App called ‘Harit Path’
- It is mobile app to monitor the plantations through geo-tagging and web-basedGIS enabled monitoring tools.
- The app has been developed to monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements of each of its field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
- To commemorate 25 years of its service to the nation, the National Highways Authority of India has also recently undertaken ‘Harit Bharat Sankalp’, a nation-wide plantation drive which is in line with NHAI’s commitment to promote environment protection and sustainability.
- Under this initiative, the NHAI planted over 25 lakh plants in 25 days along the stretches of the national highways between July 21 and August 15, 2020.