- September 28, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject :Government Schemes
Only 240 million signed up for the Health ID.
Concerns over data privacy due to the data breaches,
The National Health Authority is working to remove personal identification information before using data for public health research, policy making and disease surveillance among others.
Ayushman Bharat is a flagship scheme of India which was launched as recommended by the National Health Policy 2017, to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Ayushman Bharat Health Account ID or ABHA card
- The Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA), which was earlier known as Ayushman Bharat Health ID was launched by the Indian government in 2021 and is aimed at providing a digital health ID to the population.
- ABHA is a unique health ID that uses a 14-digit identification number and can be generated using an Aadhaar card or your mobile number. It allows users to share their health records digitally with hospitals, clinics, insurance providers and others.
- Citizens can create their unique ABHA without any cost.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- It was launched in September 2021 by the Prime Minister through a video conference.
- It aims to provide digital health IDs for all Indian citizens to help hospitals, insurance firms, and citizens access health records electronically when required.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will be the implementing Agency.
- What are the Features of the Mission?
- Health ID:
- It will be issued for every citizen that will also work as their health account.
- This health account will contain details of every test, every disease, the doctors visited, the medicines taken and the diagnosis.
- Health ID is free of cost, voluntary.
- Healthcare Facilities & Professionals’ Registry:
- The other major component of the programme is creating a Healthcare Professionals’ Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registry (HFR), allowing easy electronic access to medical professionals and health infrastructure.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Sandbox:
- It will act as a framework for technology and product testing that will help organisations, including private players intending to be a part of the national digital health ecosystem become a Health Information Provider or Health Information User or efficiently link with building blocks of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- Health ID:
- Launched by the Union Health Minister to commemorate four years of the Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and one year of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- It was a two-day program held in New Delhi awarded the states for outstanding work in ‘Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission’ and ‘Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Chhattisgarh is rewarded for its outstanding work
- It has the highest number of government hospitals registered in the country under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- It is the top state in the country to give the benefit of this scheme to women
- The Ayushman Excellence Award was given to the state by the National Health Authority.