- November 27, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: The Navy’s Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC), the nodal agency for maritime data fusion set up after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, will soon become a National Maritime Domain Awareness (NDMA) centre.
Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC)
- The Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) is located in Gurugram.
- It is the main center of the Indian Navy for coastal surveillance and monitoring.
- IMAC is the nodal center of the National Command Control Communications and Intelligence Network (NC3I Network).
- IMAC is a joint initiative of Indian Navy, Coast Guard and Bharat Electronics Ltd. and functions under the National Security Adviser (NSA).
National Command Control Communication and Intelligence Network (NC3IN)
- The Indian Navy has established the NC3IN linking 51 stations, including 20 of the Navy and 31 of the Coast Guard, with a nodal Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC).
- The NC3I links 20 naval and 31 Coast Guard monitoring stations to generate a seamless real-time picture of the nearly 7,500-km long coastline.