- June 25, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
The Union Cabinet has approved the creation of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe)
- It is constituted to provide a level playing field for private companies to use Indian space infrastructure.
- This is part of reforms aimed at giving a boost to private sector participation in the entire range of space activities
- The IN-SPACe will also hand-hold, promote and guide the private industries in space activities through encouraging policies and a friendly regulatory environment.
- Earlier New Space India Limited (NSIL) was formed as nodal agency to produce PSLV through Indian industries under consortium route.
- These reforms would allow the Indian Space Research Organsiation (ISRO) to focus more on research and development activities, new technologies, exploration missions and human spaceflight programme.