- February 2, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context- The government enunciated in its Budget a blueprint for Amritkaal, hinged on futuristic and inclusive economic growth.
- Inclusive growth means economic growth that creates employment opportunities and helps in reducing poverty.
- It means having access to essential services in health and education by the poor. It includes providing equality of opportunity, empowering people through education and skill development.
- It also encompasses a growth process that is environment friendly growth, aims for good governance and helps in creation of a gender sensitive society.
- As per OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), inclusive growth is economic growth that is distributed fairly across society and creates opportunities for all.
Components of Economic Growth-