- November 22, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
- A powerful earthquake struck the main island of Indonesia.
More about Indonesia:
- Indonesia,is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania between the Indian and Pacific oceans.
- It consists of over 17,000 islands, including Sumatra, Java, Sulawesi, and parts of Borneo and New Guinea.
- Indonesia is the world’s largest archipelagic state and the 14th-largest country by area.
- Indonesia is the world’s fourth-most populous country and the most populous Muslim-majority country.
- Java, the world’s most populous island, is home to more than half of the country’s population.
- The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area.
- Indonesia shares land borders with Papua New Guinea, East Timor, and the eastern part of Malaysia, as well as maritime borders with Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Australia, Palau, and India.