- March 6, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: Members of the Ridge Management Board (RMB) Friday decided to form an expert panel to study a proposal made by the South MCD for dumping “inert material” in Bhatti mines at Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Generally, there are three categories of landfills (place where waste):
- landfills for hazardous waste
- landfills for non-hazardous waste
- landfills for inert waste.
About inert waste
- Those waste which is neither biologically nor chemically and is waste which will not decompose
- Ex- sand, concrete, Clay, Sub soil, Chalk and Rubble
- Usually, it doesn’t pose a threat to the environment, or the health of animals or other people and will not endanger the quality of watercourses.
- However, large amount of this type of waste can make it an issue.