- October 23, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: INS Kavaratti, the indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) stealth corvettes by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata, was formally inducted into the Indian Navy .
- INS Kavaratti (P31) is an anti-submarine warfare corvette of the Indian Navy built under Project 28.
- It is the last of four Kamorta-class corvettes under various stages of induction with the Indian Navy.
- Kavaratti is capable of fighting under nuclear, biological and chemical environments.
- It will be a frontline warship of the Indian Navy with advanced stealth features and a low radar signature .
- This will also enhances its anti-submarine warfare capability.
- The ship’s weapons and sensors suite is predominantly indigenous and showcases the nation’s growing capability in this niche area.