- January 27, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject – Governance
Context – Integrity Pact: CVC modifies criteria
- Integrity Pact is a vigilance tool that envisages an agreement between the prospective vendors/bidders and the buyer, committing both the parties not to exercise any corrupt influence on any aspect of the contract.
- The pact also ensures transparency, equity and competitiveness in public procurement.
- It is a tool developed by Transparency International.
Who are IEMs?
- The Integrity Pact envisages a panel of Independent External Monitors (IEMs) for each organisation.
- IEM reviews independently and objectively, whether and to what extent parties have complied with their obligations under the pact.
- They may submit a report to the chief executive of the organisation concerned or directly to the CVO and the CVC, if they find serious irregularities attracting the Prevention of Corruption Act provisions.