- July 23, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: In the upcoming listing, up to 10% of the IPO issue size will be reserved for LIC policyholders, who can also look forward to a discount. The LIC (Amendment) Rules, 2021 say that any reservation made by the Corporation in favour of its policyholders on a competitive basis in a public issue .
Initial Public Offering
- IPO is the selling of securities to the public in the primary market.
- Primary market deals with new securities being issued for the first time. It is also known as the new issues market.
- It is different from secondary market where existing securities are bought and sold. It is also known as the stock market or stock exchange.
- It is when an unlisted company makes either a fresh issue of securities or an offer for sale of its existing securities or both for the first time to the public.
- Unlisted companies are companies that are not listed on the stock exchange.
- It is generally used by new and medium-sized firms that are looking for funds to grow and expand their business.