- June 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
According to a report published by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), energy transition-related technologies can add 5.5 million jobs globally by 2023, on June 24, 2020. It highlighted that energy transformation could be a key to novel COVID-19 economic recovery.
- The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an intergovernmental organisation that supports countries in their transition to a sustainable energy future, and serves as the principal platform for international cooperation, a centre of excellence, and a repository of policy, technology, resource and financial knowledge on renewable energy.
- IRENA promotes the widespread adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy, including bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower, ocean, solar and wind energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
- It is the first international organisation to focus exclusively on renewable energy, addressing needs in both industrialized and developing countries.
- It was founded in 2009& its statute entered into force on July 2010 and is headquartered in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
- IRENA is an official United Nations observer.