- September 27, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government Schemes
Context: Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Giriraj Singh will launch the “JALDOOT App” at a function in New Delhi tomorrow.
- Ministry of Rural Development has developed “JALDOOT App” that will be used across the country to capture the water level of selected wells in a village.
- The Jaldoot app will enable Gram Rojgar Sahayak (GRS) to measure the water level of selected wells twice a year (pre-monsoon and post-monsoon).
- In every village, adequate number of measurement locations (2-3) shall need to be selected. These will be representative of the ground water level in that village.
- The app will facilitate panchayats with robust data, which can be further used for better planning of works.
- The ground water data could be utilised as part of the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) and Mahatma Gandhi NREGA planning exercises. Further, the data can also be used for different kinds of research and other purposes.