- February 20, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
TOPIC: Science & Tech
Context- PM Modi has flagged off 100 “kisan drones” in different parts of the country for spraying pesticides and other farm materials.
- Drones will also be promoted for crop assessment, digitisation of land records, spraying of insecticides and nutrients.
- Farmers can use high–capacity drones in the coming times to transport their produce like fruits, vegetables and flowers to markets in a minimal time, boosting their income.
Drone Shakti Scheme:
- The Union Budget pushed for promotion of drones through startups and skilling at Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- Startups will be promoted to facilitate ‘Drone Shakti’ for Drone-As-A-Service (DrAAS). Courses for skilling will also be started in selected ITIs across all States.
- Sectors where drones can be employed include photography, agriculture, mining, telecom, insurance, telecom, oil & gas, construction, transport, disaster management, geo-spatial mapping, forest and wildlife, defence and law enforcement to name a few.
- It is a layman terminology for Unmanned Aircraft (UA).
- A drone’s autonomy level can range from remotely piloted (a human controls its movements) to advanced autonomy, which means that it relies on a system of sensors and LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) detectors to calculate its movement.