- March 10, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
- It is an annual exercise between the navies of India, Japan, and the U.S. held alternately in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
- It began in 1992 as a bilateral exercise between India and the U.S.
- Then it got permanently expanded into a trilateral format with the inclusion of Japan in 2015.
- With the addition of Australia, it has become a Quadilateral naval exercise between India, USA, Japan and Australia.
- India and Japan defence forces organize a series of bilateral exercises namely, JIMEX, SHINYUU Maitri, and Dharma Guardian.
- Whereas India and USA conduct Joint Military Exercises namely, YudhaAbhyas.
- Other exercises between India and Australia are Pitch Black and AUSINDEX.