Mars Orbiter Mission
- July 4, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
The Mars Colour Camera (MCC) onboard ISRO’s Mars Orbiter Mission has captured the image of Phobos, the closest and biggest moon of Mars.
- Mars Orbiter Mission is India’s first interplanetary mission to planet Mars with an orbiter craft designed to orbit Mars in an elliptical orbit.
- It has been configured to carry out observation of physical features of mars and carry out limited study of Martian atmosphere with following five payloads:
- Mars Colour Camera (MCC)
- Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (TIS)
- Methane Sensor for Mars (MSM)
- Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA)
- Lyman Alpha Photometer (LAP)
- ISRO had launched the spacecraft on PSLV C25 rocket from Sriharikota on November 5, 2013.