- November 2, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject – Geography
Context – Missing Naval officer’s wife wants search operations to continue on Mount Trishul
- Trisul is a group of three Himalayan Mountain peaks of western Kumaun, with the highest (Trisul I) reaching 7120m.
- The three peaks are named Trisul I, Trisul II, and Trisul III.
- The three peaks resemble a trident – in Hindi/Sanskrit, Trishula, trident, is the weapon of Shiva.
- The Trishul group forms the southwest corner of the ring of peaks enclosing the Nanda Devi Sanctuary.