Nasha Mukt Bharat
- June 27, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Nasha Mukt Bharat: Annual anti-drug Action Plan (2020-21) for 272 Most Affected Districts was launched on the occasion of “International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking”
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment observes 26th June every year as “International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking”.
- It is the nodal Ministry for drug demand reduction which coordinates and monitors all aspects of drug abuse prevention which include assessment of the extent of the problem, preventive action, treatment and rehabilitation of addicts, dissemination of information and public awareness.
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Annual Action Plan for 2020-21 would focus on 272 most affected districts and launch a three-pronged attack combining efforts of Narcotics Bureau, Outreach / Awareness by Social Justice and Treatment through the Health Department .
- The Action Plan has the following components: Awareness generation programmes; Focus on Higher Educational institutions, University Campuses and Schools; Community outreach and identification of dependent population; Focus on Treatment facilities in Hospital settings; and Capacity Building Programmes for Service Provider.