NATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- November 24, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) reviewed the cyclone preparedness of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry which are facing the threat of a severe cyclone.
- At the national level, Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) and National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) are the key committees involved in the top-level decision-making wrt Disaster Management (DM).
- It deals with major crisis which have serious or national ramifications.
- Oversee the Command, Control and Coordination of the disaster response.
- Give direction to the Crisis Management Group (CMG) as deemed necessary.
- Cabinet Secretary (Chairperson).
- Secretaries of Ministries / Departments and agencies with specific Disaster management responsibilities.