- January 19, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : National Organisations
Context : News Broadcasters Association (NBA) demanded that Indian Broadcasting Federation, a body of television channels of the country, should suspend the channel’s membership.
News Broadcasters Association (NBA):
- The News Broadcasters Association (NBA) represents the private television news & current affairs broadcasters.
- It is the collective voice of the news & current affairs broadcasters in India. It is an organization funded entirely by its members.
- The NBA has presently 26 leading news and current affairs broadcasters (comprising 70 news and current affairs channels) as its members.
- The NBA presents a unified and credible voice before the Government, on matters that affect the growing industry.
- News Broadcasters Services Authority (NBSA) administers the Codes of Ethics & Broadcasting Standards, which has been voluntarily drawn by the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) for its member broadcasters to demonstrate their commitment to responsible broadcasting and to self regulate themselves.