- January 17, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: To popularise solar energy Bengal govt has allowed net metering for individual household staring from 1 KW onwards.
- Earlier institutional, commercial, industrial and cooperative housing were only allowed the benefit of net metering and that too for 5 KW capacity onward.
- Allowing households will remove any restrictions and anyone can install rooftop solar panel.
- Net metering concept allows to set-off the number of units produced from the total consumption and the consumer pays electricity charges of only what he had derived from the grid or distribution company.
About Net Metering:
- Net metering is a billing mechanism that credits solar energy system owners for the electricity they add to the grid.
- It gives consumer power over electricity bills and promote renewable energy.