- August 2, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Government Scheme
Section : Animal Sector
Context: A month long special drive against Human Trafficking through rail was launched in the month of July 2022
- The Railway Protection Force, as a response mechanism to supplement the efforts of Anti Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs) of police, has recently launched an operation against Human Trafficking called “Operation AAHT”.
- Under Operation AAHT, the infrastructure and intelligence network of the force could be utilised to collect, collate and analyse clues on victims, source, route, destination, popular trains used by suspects, the identity of carriers/agents, kingpins etc and shared with other law-enforcing agencies.
- Under this, the RPF could act as a bridge cutting across Statesto assist the local police in the mission to curb the menace.
- RPF has set up 750 AHTUs across the country that would coordinate with Police
- RPF has signed a MoU with NGOe. Association of Voluntary Action (AVA) also known as Bachpan Bachao Andolan which will be supplementing RPF with training and will also be giving inputs regarding Human Trafficking to RPF.
- The drive created a platform for all stake holders to come together to take joint action against Human Trafficking through rail.
- A month long special drive against Human Trafficking through rail was launched in the month of July 2022